Overwhelmed? Need a fresh start?
MISSION STATEMENT: WE WILL REPRESENT ALL CLIENTS FULLY, COMPETENTLY AND ETHICALLY, USING MY BEST JUDGMENT AND EFFORT.
We do more than divorce. We are family lawyers who recognize your needs and the needs of your family.
(Click on the categories above for more information that you can use.)
Click view some of the Recent Activities and Honors of Mary G. Commander
The benefits of retaining this firm are many, including:
- The experience that 30 years of continuous active, full-time practice in the Hampton Roads courts brings. We regularly appear in courts in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth and the surrounding areas. We also handle appeals in the Virginia Court of Appeals and Virginia Supreme Court and before administrative agencies.
- The knowledge of the law shown by high honors achieved in law school, the publication of scholarly articles, the presentation of continuing education programs for other lawyers and professional and receipt of honors from Community and Bar Associations.
- The knowledge of proper case preparation and presentation, based upon 18 years of service as an administrative hearing officer for the Commonwealth of Virginia. We have seen it all from all perspectives.
- Close proximity to all courts and agencies and regular practice before them. We know the ins and outs.
- Commitment to the community as an active volunteer.
- A desire to achieve your goals whether it be through mediation or litigation.
- Ms. Commander is the author of the most widely used research book on Adoptions in Virginia, now in its fourth edition.
- Certification by the Virginia Supreme Court as a Mediator and Mediator Mentor.
- Trained in the field of Collaborative Law and Collaborative Divorce.
- Ms. Commander has seven years experience as a substitute judge in all area Juvenile and Domestic Relations and General District Courts.
Serving Hampton Roads, including Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach,
Chesapeake, Suffolk, Isle of Wight, Hampton, Newport News, York County & the Eastern Shore.
Visit our blog for updated information and discussion of family law topics. http://familylawblogspot.blogspot.com/. You can become informed and ask questions and make comments on the blog and on our Facebook page. As a service, We also answer questions at avvo.com.
Do not be afraid to get answers to the questions that have been bothering you. There are very few times when ignorance really is bliss. So, call today - 757.533.5400 - to schedule a consultation.
Read Our Legal Blog
> View More